Wednesday 13 June 2012

Harris Tweedy Creations!

Lots of Tweedy goings on here this week!
You may remember the originals of these that I made back in April. Well they all went off to the gift shop Room 15 at 15 Stafford Street in Oban last weekend but I have had some printed into cards!

Washing Day
£2.50
Harbour Houses and Boat
£2.50

Set Sail For Sunset
£2.50


Home For Supper
£2.50

Harbour Houses, Boat and Fish
£2.50

Set of Four
£8



Island and Gulls
£2.50
These 12x12cm cards look great framed. This Island and Gulls design is really making me want to go back the Hebrides, especially when the sun is out here and I start day dreaming about all the amazing colours of tweed I could get my hands on!

The cards are all now available in my Etsy shop here
I'm hoping to get time to work on some more originals and make them available online too.
I can also make to order.


And here is something new and exciting and just a little bit cute.....


What's in the box? What's in the box?


A super cute hand knitted sheep!
This is a 'Baby Baa', hand knitted here in Scotland by Lynne Seaton of My Baboo.
I've been a big fan of Lynne's work for a long time and when I was toying with the idea of felting little sheep to go inside my boxes, I remembered a photo I'd seen on Facebook of some of Lynne's Baby Baa's that were off to be sold through a shop in Edinburgh.

Since my attempts at felting sheep were a bit disasterous (they just looked like big eyeballs!), I contacted Lynne and we agreed on a little collaboration.



So this is the first of my boxes available with it's resident Baby Baa.
£35
Lynne uses beautiful Scottish wool for her knits which go so well with the tweed used in the construction of the boxes.

Just click the photo if you would like to go to the listing.
More coming soon.

I also have these other boxes available in my Etsy shop as well.

£30
£25

And of course the cow's wanted in on the action.



This one has sold but there may be more soon.
No wee coo's hiding in here but a great place to stash your Highland Toffees!

6 comments:

  1. Przepiękne, uwielbiam motywy marynistyczne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new directions!
    Especially the harbour scenes.
    The Baby Baas are cute, the boxes great too!

    I think these may be a sellout...

    I have a small blanket in lovely hues of dark heathery purple wool with fringing at each end. This was bought on the Isle of Mull at the Weavers there. Unfortunately (or fortunately-:) ), I have accidently, partially felted it by washing in too hot water...so I thought I might complete the felting and make myself a lovely messenger-type bag! watch this space as some folk say!

    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all your tweedie-makes, Aileen! Hope you make it back to the Hebrides this Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the new greetings cards, and I agree that they would look super as framed pictures.

    You are very talented , your work is so beautiful.

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your harris tweed creations, the colours are just beautiful. And the sheep in a box......adorable!!! gill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful! gr. Marga

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome and much appreciated ♥

All contributed content © Aileen Clarke