Thursday 29 August 2013

As August Ends

As August comes to an end we have been enjoying an influx of butterflies to the garden with an especially large number of Peacock's on the buddleia. They often fly into the house and I rescued this one from behind a curtain and then it just sat on hand for ages!



We've also had some stunning sunsets this week. Snapped this shot from the back garden but really should have jumped in the car and driven to the top of the hill as it would have been amazing from up there.


In the creativity department, I have been starting to build up my stock for my next event which is at Birnam House Hotel on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th September


I'll be exhibiting as part of the Exclusively Highlands Arts, Crafts and Food Show.
10-5 pm each day.

So first of all lots of new felt had to be made!
Here is a sneaky peak at some purple and turquoise merino and silk with some angelina fibre thrown into the mix. The clematis just happened to match.


Brooch production has started in earnest. Here are some leaf shapes and I also have birds and ivy leaves in the making.


A variety of brooches are already available in my Etsy shop here


Leaf Brooches £12


Some new felt jewellery pieces include these felt heart pendants and earrings.
This set is available now at £30


More pendants and earrings will be available individually or as sets soon.


It has definitely started to turn a little Autumnal here with rose hips and rowan berries abundant and the harvest being taken in.
This is the view from one of our kitchen windows. I have been enjoying the contrast of the shades of pink in the wildfire and honeysuckle against the gold of the barley fields. I think I'll use that in a felt picture sometime soon.



Exciting news about my 2014 Calendar is that all the Artwork for it is finished and a copy is on it's way for me to proof. I will have a few new felt pictures for sale as soon as they have been mounted including this piece called 'The Shielings' which will be June for the Calendar.

'The Shielings'

£195 Framed 
£145 Mounted/Unframed

I will post details of how to buy the Calendar and the original pictures once I have the Calendars in stock and the pictures back from the Framers.






3 comments:

  1. Love 'the Shielings'. We have been getting lots of butterflies in the conservatory too, mainly peacocks but I've not managed to get a good photo of one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lyn. I really am playing catch up after a lot of time spent with family over the summer holidays. It's head down this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome and much appreciated ♥

All contributed content © Aileen Clarke