Thursday 7 May 2015

A Peek Into Venue 28 during Open Studios North Fife

I can hardly believe that Open Studios North Fife is over for another year. 
If you missed it or were too far away to visit, here are some photos of my venue.

The place I have been using in Ladybank was taken over and renovated by Gillian MacIntosh of Kingdom Osteopaths last year. Gillian has made a fabulous job of redesigning the space and very generously took some days off and left me three empty rooms to exhibit in.


I transformed the main room into a display area with sales desk where visitors could browse my whole range of items and purchase if they wanted to.


The newly painted walls in a pale sage were a perfect backdrop and complimented the colours I use in my work perfectly.


An inner wall and door have been removed letting so much more light into the room.


Having such a wide range of printed goods really adds colour to the display.
My sets of four coasters were a big hit with visitors this year.


Both my big felted pictures on the wall above are away to happy new homes.

We always try to give people a nice place to sit and have a cup of tea if they have been to lots of studios and are feeling a bit tired.


Gillian's waiting room was easy to make cosy with some artwork and flowers and the shelves filled with lots of colourful items.
My new cushions nearly sold out!



Of course Open Studios is not all about selling. It's about letting people see into our creative spaces and explain a little about the processes that go into what we produce.
I always try to recreate my work space by bringing as much as I can down to the venue for the weekend.


 This year I did a bit of demonstrating with the embellisher machine and was able to show how wet felt is made as well.

Some of the materials I use in my work.


Fibres laid out ready to be wet felted.


A little shelving area with some bits and bobs and gifts from other makers. 
I find glass jars so useful for keeping oddments of wool in. You can find the scraps easily plus they add a splash of colour.

It has been a big job taking everything back home again and setting up my work space ready to start again. It's all looking spick and span though and I am raring to go!

Today had to be spent restocking my online shop. Lots of new things have been added.
You can browse my shop here


If you are new to shopping with me and have any problems, please feel free to get in touch at aileenclarkecrafts@yahoo.com

I'm looking forward to May and June being slightly less busy than March and April. It was a bit of a marathon jumping from one event to the next and having to make so much stock in between. I have plenty to be getting on with though and will keep you up to date with what's new on here, on Facebook and on Instagram.

Thank you very much to all of you who came along at the weekend. Your support for the event is much appreciated 

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried felting so would love to have seen you demonstrating, your work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome and much appreciated ♥

All contributed content © Aileen Clarke